Re: vector ordering problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg126703] Re: vector ordering problem
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr357 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 05:16:59 -0400 (EDT)

In Mathematica you cannot use _ in names

vector1 = {32, 4, 28, 11, 20};

vector2 = {78, 12, 95, 14, 35};

positionVector1 = Ordering[vector1]

{2, 4, 5, 3, 1}

Note that this is not what you presented and

vector2[[positionVector1]]

{12, 14, 35, 95, 78}

A way to obtain your requested result

positionVector2 =