some Experience with webMathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg126715] some Experience with webMathematica
  • From: Andre Koppel <akoppel at akso.de>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 05:42:09 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,
I am playing around with webMathematica. It's a nice package to
integrate the power of Mathematica into a dynamic web-Site.
Even if standard mathematica constructs can be embedded
into the side with special tags, often the constructs must
be rewritten because the wrapper engine runs into trouble by
some characters (should be nice if there is any information
about these). My main problem is integrating dynamically live
3D objects. Theoretically it works. There are a great amount
of simple examples that demonstrate how to integrate full working
3D-Objects. But there are several limitations with 3D-Mathematica
functions that won't work. For example Histogram3D can't be interpreted.
Meanwhile I got the feedback from Wolfram that there
are limitations (not written within the manual).
It would be nice if there is anybody who has played around with
these things and who knows what's working and what's not working.
I have not found any list of 3D functions supported by webMathematica.

What I have found not working:
Histogram3D
Sectochart3D
GraphPlot3D

Possibly these functions can be made running by finetuning the
parameters, but without any error-documentation, this is really
hard.
I am happy if someone has tried this.
Kind regards to all.
Andre