Conditionals for lookup table

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg126739] Conditionals for lookup table
  • From: "Mitonics" <mitonics at verizon.net>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2012 05:00:45 -0400 (EDT)

I have a long list of conditions to program. I'd like guidance as to the
best or fastest way of doing this in Mathematica.

First I generate which initial conditions apply. Then I want to go to the
lookup table to see which action to take. Then I generate another set of
conditions and I want to lookup which action to take. and so on.

For example the concept for the lookup table will include various
permutations of conditions. Each permutation leads to a different action as
follows:

If Acondition1 and Bcondition1 are True, then do Action 1

If Acondition1 and Bcondition2 are True, then do Action 2

If Aconditon2 and Bcondition1 are True, then do Action 3

Etc.

There are perhaps 100 different Actions for what I'm trying to do.

Mike