Add scale bar to Image

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg126908] Add scale bar to Image
  • From: slapjack0 at gmail.com
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 03:56:37 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to add a scale to an image (an imported TIFF file).
I've searched the forums, but many answers are for Graphics (generated plots etc), not Images.

I have,
photo = Import["example.jpg"]

If I use,
Show[photo, Frame->True]
the frame is very nice, but is it possible to scale the numbers it uses? (or somehow overlay a axis onto the image?)

Thanks