Creating stubs from XML Schema (xsd).

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg126944] Creating stubs from XML Schema (xsd).
  • From: donald.a.pellegrino at gmail.com
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 03:15:13 -0400 (EDT)

Given an xsd file, is it possible to generate Mathematica data types?

The "Web Services User Guide" indicates that Mathematica "uses the XML Schema package to dynamically bind Mathematica expressions to XML [http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/WebServices/tutorial/Introduction.html#292]."; I see that that "InstallService" function can read a WSDL to create stubs for functions. Unfortunately, I cannot find a similar function to read an XML Schema (.xsd) file and create Mathematica data types.

An analogous capability in the context of .NET development is the "XML Schema Definition Tool" [http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/x6c1kb0s(v=vs.100).aspx], which can take an xsd file as input and output C# classes.