Re: is Head[] part of the expression?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg126950] Re: is Head[] part of the expression?
  • From: Peter Breitfeld <phbrf at t-online.de>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 03:48:13 -0400 (EDT)

A way to get all functions with hat a specific option without yielding
errors could be:

Options[WhoHasOption]={Full->False};
WhoHasOption[option_, context_String : "System`*", OptionsPattern[]] :=
Module[{hA, langQ},
  langQ = OptionValue[Full] === True;
  hA = ToExpression /@
    Quiet[Select[Names[context], MemberQ[ToExpression[#1,
          StandardForm, Options[Unevaluated[#1]] &][[All, 1]],
        option] &]];
  If[langQ, {#, Options[#, option]} & /@ hA, hA]
]

usage is:

WhoHasOption[Heads]

If you want to see the setting of this Option, call:

WhoHasOption[Heads,Full->True]

If you want the functions of a specific context only, call:

WhoHasOption[Heads,"context`"]

Peter Breitfeld | Bad Saulgau, Germany | http://www.pBreitfeld.de