Re: Default path for opening files

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg127014] Re: Default path for opening files
  • From: nanobio9 <kuokan.liang at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 04:18:52 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, Helen,

Thanks for the tip. The code I used was very simple. It was copied
from the help file of FileNameSetter:
{FileNameSetter[Dynamic[admittanceFile], "Open", {"mfile" ->
{"*.m"}}], Dynamic[admittanceFile]}

I have hundreds of .m files recording simulation output, organized in
a nested directory. I want the data analysis program to always start
looking for files from the root of this output data directory. I tried
the "SetDirectory" stuff. It helps if one uses commands to save or
load files, indeed, but it does not help 'FileNameSetter' to find the
location, though. That's what I wanted to ask. I think Wolfram
research put FileNameSetter there hoping people make use of it. If
that's true, it has to be more useful.

Thanks again and best regards.
KKL