Options Question ver 8

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg127041] Options Question ver 8
  • From: Dana DeLouis <dana01 at me.com>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 04:49:44 -0400 (EDT)

Hello.  I was wondering if anyone could explain the following behavior.
On my system, (Mac, Ver 8)  if I look at the options for ListPointPlot3D, I see the option for Method listed twice.
The code I was working with tried to find symbols with certain options.
For example, looking for the option "Method" at the top level, found the option listed twice in the following 8 symbols.

{DensityHistogram, ListPointPlot3D, ProbabilityPlot,
ProbabilityScalePlot, QuantilePlot, SmoothDensityHistogram,
SmoothHistogram, SmoothHistogram3D}

For example:

Options[ListPointPlot3D]

AlignmentPoint->Center
etc...
Lighting->Automatic
Method->Automatic
Method->Automatic
PlotLabel->None
etc...

Another...

Options[DensityHistogram]

AlignmentPoint->Center
etc...
Method->Automatic
Method->Automatic
PerformanceGoal:>$PerformanceGoal
etc...

Again, I am just curious.
I see that they are all Plotting functions.   Hmmm ??

Dana DeLouis
Mac & Mac 8