Re: Replace, ReplaceAll and If time performace comparition

Hi,

> Does it mean, that Compile + Map + raw functions is a good combination
> to speed up codes?

It looks like yes. What you should have in mind is that Compile does
transform Mathematica code to something else (with CompilationTarget ->
"C" to C). The speedup depends a lot on how well optimized the generated
code is. I think the general rule is that constructs which are less
general and easier to analyze will be easier to optimize and thus have a
greater chance to be translated to something efficient.

As we don't know which transformation rules the code generator uses, it
will always need some experimenting, though.

hth,

albert