Re: Engineering requests

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg125303] Re: Engineering requests
  • From: "McHale, Paul" <Paul.McHale at excelitas.com>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 02:41:56 -0500 (EST)

Daniel,

Thanks for the ideas.  The minimalUnits[] is interesting.  It would be very interesting to assign variables values with units.  Likely, another data type would be required to support this.
R1= 5 Ohm;

I tried to use interval.  Maybe I'm not doing it right...

R1int={100000-100000*(0.1),100000+100000(0.1)}
R2int={30000-30000*(0.1),30000+30000(0.1)}

(* Using interval (wrong answers) *)
R1=Interval[R1int];
R2=Interval[R2int];
Vout=5/(R1+R2) R2 // Max
Vout=5/(R1+R2) R2 // Min

Out[1]= 1.41026
Out[2]= 0.944056

(* using table   (correct answers)    *)
R1=R1int;
R2=R2int;
Table[5/(Ra+Rb) Rb,{Ra,R1},{Rb,R2}]// Max
Table[5/(Ra+Rb) Rb,{Ra,R1},{Rb,R2}]// Min

Out[3]= 1.34146
Out[4]= 0.985401

Table[] is actually getting me by.  The dimensional analysis would be very interesting, but again, we (I) get by without it.  The other engineers use dimensional analysis available in the other software.  It should be noted, it is quite limited in the other software.  Direct evaluation of relatively simple algebraic formula is supported, but it is clearly not supported by many functions.

I have a mListFFT[] I've written.  I will post it in another thread for comments.  It is limited.  But works well enough for simple viewing of spectral content.

Paul

Paul McHale  |  Electrical Engineer, Energetics Systems  |  Excelitas Technologies Corp.

Phone:   +1 937.865.3004   |   Fax:  +1 937.865.5170   |   Mobile:   +1 937.371.2828
1100 Vanguard Blvd, Miamisburg, Ohio 45342-0312 USA
Paul.McHale at Excelitas.com
www.excelitas.com

This email message and any attachments are confidential and proprietary to Excelitas Technologies Corp. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please inform the sender by replying to this email or sending a message to the sender and destroy the message and any attachments.
Thank you