MathGroup Archive 2012

[Date Index] [Thread Index] [Author Index]

Search the Archive

Re: problems with Rasterize

• To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg125337] Re: problems with Rasterize
  • Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 05:38:08 -0500 (EST)
  • Delivered-to: l-mathgroup@mail-archive0.wolfram.com
  • References: <jj4qq4$ih5$1@smc.vnet.net>

On Tuesday, March 6, 2012 6:01:24 AM UTC-5, Stefan Salanski wrote:
> Hello all, today I ran into some trouble with Rasterize. At first I though I must have been using it incorrectly, but then I realized that I cant even evaluate the examples on its manual page. 
> 
> The first example on the page simply takes a Graphics object and rasterizes it.
> 
> In[1]:= Rasterize[Graphics[Disk[]], RasterSize -> 15]
> 
> However, when I run this (on a fresh kernel), I get the following:
> 
> During evaluation of In[1]:= First::normal: Nonatomic expression expected at position 1 in First[False]. >>
> 
> During evaluation of In[1]:= Last::normal: Nonatomic expression expected at position 1 in Last[False]. >>
> 
> During evaluation of In[1]:= ReplaceAll::reps: {Last[False]} is neither a list of replacement rules nor a valid dispatch table, and so cannot be used for replacing. >>
> 
> During evaluation of In[1]:= ReplaceAll::reps: {Last[False]} is neither a list of replacement rules nor a valid dispatch table, and so cannot be used for replacing. >>
> 
> 
> During evaluation of In[1]:= General::stop: Further output of ReplaceAll::reps will be suppressed during this calculation. >>
> 
> During evaluation of In[1]:= Set::shape: Lists {{System`ConvertersDump`xmin$920,System`ConvertersDump`xmax$920},{System`ConvertersDump`ymin$920,System`ConvertersDump`ymax$920}} and BoundingBox/.Last[False] are not the same shape. >>
> 
> During evaluation of In[1]:= Part::partd: Part specification (Regions/.Last[False])[[1,1]] is longer than depth of object. >>
> 
> During evaluation of In[1]:= Part::partd: Part specification (Regions->Last[False])[[2,1,1]] is longer than depth of object. >>
> 
> During evaluation of In[1]:= Part::partw: Part 2 of Last[False] does not exist. >>
> 
> During evaluation of In[1]:= Part::partd: Part specification (Regions->Last[False])[[2,1,2]] is longer than depth of object. >>
> 
> During evaluation of In[1]:= General::stop: Further output of Part::partd will be suppressed during this calculation. >>
> 
> During evaluation of In[1]:= Part::partw: Part 2 of Last[False] does not exist. >>
> 
> During evaluation of In[1]:= First::normal: Nonatomic expression expected at position 1 in First[$Failed]. >>
> 
> Out[1]= \!\(\*
> GraphicsBox[First[$Failed],
> ImageMargins->0.]\)
> 
> 
> I dont know where the Last[False] statements are coming from, and any subsequent evaluation of the same line (or any other lines with Rasterize) results in a hang up, which I cannot abort and must force quit the kernel.
> 
> I am running version 8.0.0 on windows 7 32 bit. Does anyone have any ideas?
> 
> -Stefan Salanski

So I decided maybe this would be a good time to download and install the update to 8.0.4. Now with the new version, I have no problems.
Thanks to everyone who checked on their systems, which made me realize it might be something that an update would fix.

-Stefan Salanski

• Prev by Date: Re: irritating screen jumps in Mathematica 8.0.4
  • Next by Date: OpenCL OpenCLFractalRender3D invalid binary error
  • Previous by thread: Re: problems with Rasterize
  • Next by thread: How to use Save/Get for interpolation of unstructured data?