Re: Engineering requests

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg125417] Re: Engineering requests
  • From: Dana DeLouis <dana01 at me.com>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 03:04:26 -0500 (EST)

On Mar 12, 5:07 am, "McHale, Paul" <Paul.McH... at excelitas.com> wrote:

> The interval function looks a little to foreign to this intended purpose.  Slight changes in the representation you chose seems to break it quickly.

<snip>

> > (* using table   (correct answers)    *)
> > R1=R1int;
> > R2=R2int;
> > Table[5/(Ra+Rb) Rb,{Ra,R1},{Rb,R2}]// Max
> > Table[5/(Ra+Rb) Rb,{Ra,R1},{Rb,R2}]// Min
>
> > Out[3]= 1.34146
> > Out[4]= 0.985401

vs:

5./(1+r1/r2)
Interval[{0.985401,1.34146}]

Hi.  Not sure what was changed, but I believe one needs to eliminate duplicate variables.
I think you need to reduce the equation so that each interval occurs once.

Another way might be...
The numbers used are the min and max of the intervals involved.

5. * 27000 / (27000+110000)
0.985401

5.*  33000 / (90000+33000)
1.34146