MathGroup Archive 2012

[Date Index] [Thread Index] [Author Index]

Search the Archive

Propensity Scores

• To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg125519] Propensity Scores
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 02:50:05 -0500 (EST)
  • Delivered-to: l-mathgroup@mail-archive0.wolfram.com

Newbie Here! Finally, I have my very own Mathematica license, to have and to hold until death do us part. We are already arguing over the best way to construct a propensity score given the absence of a dedicated function in Mathematica. It's enormously frustrating (given the degree of depth in Mathematica documentation) to realize the absence in Mathematica of a commonly used statistical function in SAS and STATA, pointing to the real difference in need between mathematicians and statisticians to impute missing data from large datasets using bootstrapping. For whatever reason, I assumed otherwise since Mathematica so exquisitely lends itself to predicting the pathways of cellular automata. Mathematica license and I are on honeymoon here in Boston for St. Paddy's weekend reading aloud to each other from a very nice 2009 paper on the impact of exclusion decisions in random sampling by Maciej G=C3=B3rkiewicz published in the Biocybernetics and Biomedical Engineering entitled "Us
 i!
ng Propensity Score with Receiver Operating Characteristics and Bootstrap to Evaluate Effect Size in Observational Studies." [http://ibib.waw.pl/bbe/bbefulltext/BBE_29_4_041_FT.pdf]
My question is to the Bayesians out there, what Mathematica functions have you jerry-rigged for propensity scoring? Holla Back!

Sylvia Hobbs

• Prev by Date: Re: Export Data and Decimal Separator
  • Next by Date: Re: Symbolic tensor analysis in Mathematica 8
  • Previous by thread: Running mathematica from terminal.
  • Next by thread: Re: Propensity Scores