MathGroup Archive 2012

[Date Index] [Thread Index] [Author Index]

Search the Archive

html posts

• To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg125516] html posts
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 02:49:03 -0500 (EST)
  • Delivered-to: l-mathgroup@mail-archive0.wolfram.com

Dear community,

Steven Christensen, the moderator, returned me few my posts with the following comment:

"Your posts are arriving as html files with ^M's at the end of lines and this sometimes corrupts them and makes them unreadable to a number of common mail readers.  Please resend your two posts in pure ascii with no html and no extra characters.

Thank you, Moderator"

This is the second time when such a claim appears, the problem starting after I had to switch to the MS Outlook mailer. I cannot change the mailer, however, for organizational reasons. On the other hand, I cannot see where the problem is buried.

1.  When I enter the Mathematica code into my mail, I use the Mathematica menu item Menu/Edit/Copy As/Plain text. This should give a plain ascii, as much as I understand. It indeed looks as ascii when I look at it in my MS Outlook mailer.

2.       When I have resent the mail in question to myself, I could only see the text looking as a plain ascii text and nothing else in the MS Outlook.

3.       I have no doubts that, nevertheless, the Moderator indeed sees some html in my posts.  (In fact, this email arrived with an html attachement and every line ending in ^M which I had to edit out - moderator).

Please, if somebody has already met and solved such a problem, let me know.

Best regards, Alexei

Alexei BOULBITCH, Dr., habil.

IEE S.A.
ZAE Weiergewan,
11, rue Edmond Reuter,
L-5326 Contern, LUXEMBOURG

Office phone :  +352-2454-2566
Office fax:       +352-2454-3566
mobile phone:  +49 151 52 40 66 44

e-mail: alexei.boulbitch at iee.lu<mailto:alexei.boulbitch at iee.lu>

• Prev by Date: Re: Mathematica loop help
  • Next by Date: Re: How can I make a sequence that includes lists?
  • Previous by thread: Re: Propensity Scores
  • Next by thread: Re: html posts