alternative menu file

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg126318] alternative menu file
  • From: johanna kraxner <johanna.kraxner at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 05:20:22 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,
I want to create an addon with an own entry in the menu bar. It would
be nice if the user could delete all (noticeable) changes of the addon
installation just by deleting the related folder from the Addons/
Application folder.
So what I would like to achieve is to have some kind of alternative
menu file. I thought of having an inti.m with something like:

If[FileExistsQ[FileNameJoin[{MyAddOnDirectory, "MenuSetup.tr"}]],
 SetOptions[$FrontEnd,
  MenuConfigurationFile ->
   FileNameJoin[{MyAddOnDirectory, "MenuSetup.tr"}]],
 (* standard menu file *)
 ]

I tried a bit with all the different init.m files but I did not really
get the hang of it and the results seemed a bit random to me
(sometimes it did not work at all, sometimes with error messages).
Any Suggestions?

Best Wishes