New to Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg126352] New to Mathematica
  • From: "J.Jack.J." <jack.j.jepper at googlemail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 04:37:42 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

 I have just downloaded my free trial version of Mathematica.
 I only need it for one thing (as yet, anyway), and I wonder whether
someone can help me in step-by-step fashion to get what I want. I need
the solution to the following (I might make amendments to the values):

"For any integer k, let r(k) be x such that

(x/ln(x))*(1 + 1/ln(x)) = 108.2 + k)

product (k = 0 to 3000) (1-1/r(k))"

With many thanks in advance.