webMathematica and Histogram3D

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg126380] webMathematica and Histogram3D
  • From: Andre Koppel <akoppel at akso.de>
  • Date: Sat, 5 May 2012 04:13:27 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,
I have created a notebook, that works quite well generating a
3D-Histogramm. Now I have tried to put the things into a webMathematica
jsp-File. Creating the graphics with MSPShow works without problems.
But if I try to create a Live-Graphic with MSPLive3D only an empty
3D-Box was shown (its not really interesting rotating the empty thing).
The documentation for webMathematica did not show a great amount of
information.
What I have done:

g=Histogram3D[data, ChartElementFunction -> "GradientScaleCube" ];
gres=LiveForm[g];
MSPLive3D[gres, Magnification -> 1];

It runs without an error, but even no contens.

The following works (but it did not create dynamic contens):
MSPShow[g];

LiveForm isn't documented within webMathematica, I have found the
documentation on the web. It can be used within the jsp-file without
declaration, so I think it's defined within the whole webMathematica
package. Creating an own LiveForm also didn't help. No error produced,
simply not working.
By the way, using MSPLive3D[g] produces an error. So I think, LifeForm
must be used even if this is not documented within webMathematicas manuals.

Any help is higly appreciated.