installing cdf-reader on chrome under linux?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg126425] installing cdf-reader on chrome under linux?
  • From: Jonathan Poritz <jonathan.poritz at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 03:52:47 -0400 (EDT)

Does anyone know how to install cdf-reader as a Chrome plugin under
linux (I'm using Mint, but it's pretty much Ubuntu...)?

Here's what happens for me:
 I go to look at a CDF.
 It offers to install the plugin.
 I click yes, answer the questions, get a shell archive downloaded.
 I sudo execute it.
 I go back to look at a CDF (in Chrome) and it still shows as no
plugin, offering to install the reader....

Anyone have a suggestion?  Thanks!