Re: Coefficient

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg126553] Re: Coefficient
  • From: J Jesus Rico-Melgoza <ricomelgozajjesus at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 05:42:07 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks for you answers

Alexei, your last suggestion works fine for want I want to do. Though, I am
still trying to understand the syntaxis of the function CoeffCos!

Jesus
-------------------------------------
If you need that the coefficient contains no functional dependence at all,
the above function should be slightly modified:

coeffCos[expr_] :=
 Plus @@ Select[List @@ Coefficient[expr, Cos[t]], FreeQ[#, x_[t]] &];

Then let us check it with a more complicated expression:

series = a + b Cos[t] + c x[t] Cos[t] + d*y*Cos[t] + x[t]^2*Cos[t] +
  z[t]*Cos[t] + A[t]*x[t]*Cos[t];

coeffCos[series]

b + d y