Re: rHelp Finishing Mathematica Program

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg126594] Re: rHelp Finishing Mathematica Program
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 05:19:52 -0400 (EDT)

On 5/21/12 at 5:56 AM, ivantulin at yahoo.com wrote:

>This project involves finishing the Mathematica program which I
>started.

>A loop must be added to the program.

>The trial value for k is to be replaced by the calculated value of k
>and then recalculated in the loop, over and over, until the error
>between the trial value of k and the calculated value of k is less
>than 0.001.

>At this point the k trial value is correct and is the answer. Will
>someone help me insert this loop?

With Mathematica, you probably do not need an explicit loop.
Your problem sounds like it is made to order for NestWhile. Look
at the documentation for examples.

>How can I attach the notebook file to this message?

If I recall the ground rules for this group correctly, the
answer is you cannot do this. The best workaround is to post a
snippet of your code with specific questions. Another workaround
is to post a link to the notebook. But this will likely get you
fewer responses since many who respond here (myself for example)
are likely to ignore posts that require following such links.