Is Histogram Equalization still supported?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg126612] Is Histogram Equalization still supported?
- From: Joseph Gwinn <joegwinn at comcast.net>
- Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 04:56:29 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
I have an image that I would like to perform histogram equalization on, but searches in the Mathematica Documentation Center for "histogram equalization" yields nothing. A google search of site:wolfram.com yields documentation on the obsolete function HistogramEqualize, and some related functions, but gives no clue as to what these obsolete functions were replaced by. <http://reference.wolfram.com/legacy/applications/digitalimage/FunctionIn dex/HistogramEqualize.html> One assumes that Mathematica 8 can perform histogram equalization, but is keeping it a secret. So my question is where in Mathematica to look. Thanks, Joe Gwinn