Re: Fourier DFT scaling problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg126606] Re: Fourier DFT scaling problem
  • From: Dana DeLouis <dana01 at me.com>
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 04:54:25 -0400 (EDT)

> FourierTransform[Psi[x], x, k]
>
> OUT: (Pi^(-1/4)) (E^(-k^2/2))

Hi.  I don't have a solution, but does anything here help?
Does changing the default settings help in some way?

xData={-1,+1};
xSignal={+1,-1};
xDefault = {0,1};

Psi[x_] := (Pi^(-1/4)) (E^(-x^2/2))

SetOptions[{FourierTransform,InverseFourierTransform},FourierParameters->xDefault];

FourierTransform[Psi[x],x,k]
E^(-(k^2/2))/\[Pi]^(1/4)

SetOptions[{FourierTransform,InverseFourierTransform},FourierParameters->xSignal];

FourierTransform[Psi[x],x,k]
Sqrt[2] E^(-(k^2/2)) \[Pi]^(1/4)

SetOptions[{FourierTransform,InverseFourierTransform},FourierParameters->xData];

FourierTransform[Psi[x],x,k]
E^(-(k^2/2))/(Sqrt[2] \[Pi]^(3/4))

= = = = =
Dana DeLouis