How to render 3D Texture as solid body?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg126688] How to render 3D Texture as solid body?
  • From: Szabolcs <szhorvat at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 02:47:55 -0400 (EDT)

Does anyone know how to reproduce this example from wri.com?

http://www.wolfram.com/mathematica/new-in-8/enhanced-2d-and-3d-graphics/volumetric-rendering-using-3d-textures.html

There's an example on the doc page of Texture, under Applications -> Volume Rendering, but it only renders 2D slides, not a solid three-dimensional body like the example I linked to.

I'm interested in starting with a 3D texture and rendering a solid 3D body from it, just like the example I linked.

I asked this question here as well: http://mathematica.stackexchange.com/q/6247/12