Re: Error Code: 616

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg128610] Re: Error Code: 616
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 19:02:50 -0500 (EST)

This error code refers to Mathematica not being able to find its fonts.
This suggests that you launched the binary directly rather than using
the shell script 'mathematica' found in the Executables/ directory which
sets up font paths (among other things) so that the Mathematica fonts
can be found.

If you need to have the script launch a non-default binary, it shouldn't
be difficult to make a copy of the script and modify it for your needs.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com
User Interface Group
Wolfram Research, Inc.

On Nov 8, 2012, at 1:11 AM, MCtN <marco.ctn88 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi evreyone.
> I have a serious problem with Mathematica 8.0.4 after its installation
in Debian Squeeze (x86-64 version). It returns me an odd error message
at the startup. I run the file contained in the following directory:
> usr/local/Wolfram/Mathematica/8.0/SystemFiles/FrontEnd/Binaries/Linux

> as the one contained in
> =
usr/local/Wolfram/Mathematica/8.0/SystemFiles/FrontEnd/Binaries/Linux-x86-64 will not run due to the lack of certain libraries which are not available in this linux distribution.