Manipulating a list with unknown number of elements.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg128632] Manipulating a list with unknown number of elements.
- From: anasimi at gmail.com
- Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 01:28:48 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi, I am trying to derive a formula where my work starts by expanding a function in terms of few basis functions. I wish to keep the number of basis functions general at this point. Can Mathematica do any manipulation on a summation with a limited but unknown number of elements? When I try defining an array which contains my unknown coefficients it gives an error message and asks for an integer as number of emenets of array.