Re: Unfortunate Side Effect of Upgrading to Mathematica v9 on Macintosh

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg128846] Re: Unfortunate Side Effect of Upgrading to Mathematica v9 on Macintosh
  • From: James Stein <mathgroup at stein.org>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 05:56:05 -0500 (EST)

Possible good news:
The issue I reported earlier may only affect OX X 10.6.8 and earlier;
otherwise Wolfram would have found the bug.

Bad news:
Even  if the incorrect application-creator of a notebook is changed by
hand, so the clicking on the notebook will open it in Mathematica v9
(instead of the AppleScript Editor), when the notebook is modified by
Mathmatica and saved, it is saved as an AppleSriipt Editor text file.

For those of us running pre-Lion Mac OS X (of necessity), this is *
unworkable*.

-- James