Font problem -Can't type Hindi(Indian language) alphabet into

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg128285] Font problem -Can't type Hindi(Indian language) alphabet into
  • From: Ashwini <aksingh21 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 23:41:15 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I am trying to type Hindi alphabet/word into mathematica notebook But all it shows is '????' characters.

I have tried setting $SystemCharacterEncoding = "Unicode" & also to "ISO8859-9" but this didn't help.

Although If I cut paste Hindi alphabet to notebook that is displayed correctly.
Also MS-word works fine.

I have mathematica 8, on windows 7 language English with English and Hindi keyboard.

Thanks,
Ashwini