Locator + EventHandler

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg128299] Locator + EventHandler
  • From: Alexei Boulbitch <Alexei.Boulbitch at iee.lu>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 02:51:47 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Community,

There is a nice example at Help/EventHandler/Applications that enables one to set points on demand, that are interpolated on the spot. Here is the code:

interpolationCurve[p_, n_] :=
  Module[{x, f = Interpolation[p, InterpolationOrder -> n ]},
   First@Plot[Evaluate@f[x], {x, Min[p[[All, 1]]], Max[p[[All, 1]]]}]];

DynamicModule[{n = 2, p = {}, c = {}},
 EventHandler[
  Dynamic@Graphics[{Point[p], c}, PlotRange -> 1, Frame -> True],
  "MouseDown" :>
   (p = Union[Sort@Append[p, MousePosition["Graphics"]],
      SameTest -> (First[#1] == First[#2] &)];
    If[Length[p] >= n + 1, c = interpolationCurve[p, n]])]]

I am looking for a way to make there locators instead of the points. Technically, it is a combination of Locator, or LocatorPane with the EventHandler.  The idea behind is to be able to not only to set, but also to adjust each point. I tried, but if I succeeded to set locators, they have been motionless.
Have you ideas of how to make this?

Thank you, Alexei

Alexei BOULBITCH, Dr., habil.
IEE S.A.