Re: ordering a group of symbolic operators

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg128324] Re: ordering a group of symbolic operators
  • From: Michael Weyrauch <michael.weyrauch at gmx.de>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2012 01:30:34 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

   I would give the expression implementing the operator (dot)
the attribute Orderless. Then Mathematica
sorts according to the built-in rules when eevaluating, which would be
alphabethically in this case, so I would rename the phis into aphis
and so they would always be in front of the deltas.

But note: You cannot use an underscores in your symbol names. The
underscore is reserved for pattern.  Also it would be good to always
post actual code you have implemented and tried. Then one can help
much more to the actual point.

Michael