Resetting Clock[]

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg128397] Resetting Clock[]
  • From: Brentt <brenttnewman at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 01:01:59 -0400 (EDT)

Hello, I've been wrestling with Clock[] to try and make a interface that
runs a clock, then resets it when a reset button is  clicked (I know about
Trigger and autorunsequence, but I want it for something that I don't think
those will be suitable for)

Is this possible? I've tried all sorts of things like making a button that
toggles a variable from Clock to Hold, and then I pass the clock arguments
that function. I thought then that the Clock would restart as a new clock,
but it keeps running the same clock.

Is there not a way to do this? It seems almost as if Clock[] was designed
to not allow one to reset it.