"Discovering" a grid in an image?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg128412] "Discovering" a grid in an image?
  • From: "Sven C. Koehler" <schween at snafu.de>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 20:13:31 -0400 (EDT)

Hello!

I am new to Mathematica and I have this image:
http://i.stack.imgur.com/Ta5wf.png

Is it possible to let Mathematica separate the image into one small one
for each character?

>From my cs classes I remember that VoronoiDiagrams might be a way to
calculate the grid between the characters.  Alas, VoronoiDiagram[] only
accepts a list of points, not an image.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Sven