Is there documentation of the format of a "sound object"

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg127922] Is there documentation of the format of a "sound object"
  • From: James Stein <mathgroup at stein.org>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2012 02:28:47 -0400 (EDT)

One simple line of code, seems to work:
     so = Import["Audio Track.aiff"];
The imported file is a track on an audio CD (music).

Per Mathematica's documentation, "so" is a "sound object".
In my test case, "so" is a List with 616171 sub-Lists.
Some subLists are empty, some are strings, some are weird.
Somewhere within "so" I would expect to find one or more lists of
16-bit integers.
I was not successful.

Where is this stuff documented?