Re: Kernel exits (for lack of memory)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg128155] Re: Kernel exits (for lack of memory)
  • From: dgolber at aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 04:58:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Tuesday, September 18, 2012 3:49:26 AM UTC-4, Joseph Gwinn wrote:
The Out[] variables are storing all results, just in case you ask for them. Set $HistoryLength to zero to turn this off. One can also Clear[] intermediate variables to reduce memory footprint. Joe Gwinn

======

The example I am posting next sets $HistoryLength=0 and still shows this behavior.

What variables am I supposed to Clear[]????  It isn't Out, because $HistoryLength is zero.  I suspect it is internal variables of FindMinimum ...

In any case, the MemoryInUse is not building up after many calls, so this seems unlikley to be the cause of the kernel exit.