Copying Text From CDF Output Cells

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg128163] Copying Text From CDF Output Cells
  • From: Gregory Lypny <gregory.lypny at videotron.ca>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 00:23:26 -0400 (EDT)

Hello everyone,

In creating CDF assignments for my students, I often include modestly sized tables of data that they must work with.  It is natural for students to copy data to a spreadsheet for analysis or to a word processor for drafting a report.  The trouble is, the Copy menu item under the Edit menu in CDFs does not copy as plain text, so when a table or grid is pasted into another application, it remains as Mathematica lists, rather than parsed as tab- or comma-delimited text.  This means that I must provide a separate data file for most of the tables.  Is there any way that I can programmatically add a Copy As Plain Text menu item to the Edit menu?

Regards,

Gregory