Re: Import multiple files with same extension from a folder

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg128235] Re: Import multiple files with same extension from a folder
  • From: Yves Klett <yves.klett at googlemail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 22:48:48 -0400 (EDT)

The following suggestion is from:
http://mathematica.stackexchange.com/q/5242/131

*snip*
Have a look at FileNames:

files=FileNames["*.pdf", NotebookDirectory[]]

    {"a.pdf","b.pdf","c.pdf"}

will get you a list of all files in the directory where your notebook
resides (of course you can choose any path) that match "*.pdf". You can
then import the files like this:

Import[#]&/@files

or if you want certain files (look at the help for Part and Span):

Import[#]&/@files[[-3;;-1]] (*last three files*)
Import[#]&/@files[[1;;10]]  (*first ten files*)

*snip*

Regards,