Mathematica takes over .m files

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg128256] Mathematica takes over .m files
  • From: 314159 <jazzkm at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 20:06:56 -0400 (EDT)

I'm a newbie here, so this may be a trivial question that is more related to MS Windows 7 than to Mathematica.

I just got Mathematica 8 (Home Ed) up and running and I've discovered that all files with a .m extension (which I use with Octave) have now been commandeered by Mathematica. If I try to open them as text files, all the white space has disappeared.

Can anyone tell me how to restore these files so that they are regarded by Windows as text files?

Thanks