Re: Getting an array into a C program through mathlink

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg130297] Re: Getting an array into a C program through mathlink
  • From: debguy <johnandsara2 at cox.net>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 01:00:11 -0400 (EDT)

my advice is to avoid mathlink because library issues cause
compatibility problems (see Wolfram problem reports).  ie after or
without upgrade it's broken for someone trying to use.

if you can accept fast but not fastest results I suggest this:

to use "exec" in C to call math binary with piped commands (we're
talking text input output) and use Put to get what into a file (can
even be forked, run in background, doing it that way).  then your
application reads file when done (fread is fast, maybe not fast as
direct read from mathlink).

most tasks can be done without ever using C.  doing some special
graphics or something?