Re: Quit is grayed out in Mathematica 8.0.4

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg130320] Re: Quit is grayed out in Mathematica 8.0.4
  • From: debguy <johnandsara2 at cox.net>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 03:30:49 -0400 (EDT)

I recently ran into something that may help.

I launched an image viewer from Mathematica.  Later I couldn't open
another License and almost called wr.

Turns out: processes launched by Mathematica count as Mathematica in
some respects.  (when i closed the image viewer I got to launch
another Mathematica no problem)

Maybe you close is grey because there is a running process that cannot
be notified / is ignoring messages.

I'm unsure which of / why OS/X and Mathematica 9 check / do menu
greying for Quit.  That is the key of course.  Sure maybe save is
could be greyed if there are no changes to save.  But Quit??