Re: How can I force mathematica to collect a symbol from a polynomial

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg130431] Re: How can I force mathematica to collect a symbol from a polynomial
  • From: "djmpark" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 00:55:28 -0400 (EDT)

Among many other facilities the Presentations Application that I sell
through my web site has the convenience command FactorOut:

a + b + c // FactorOut[a]

a (1 + b/a + c/a)

David Park
djmpark at comcast.net

From: syzhaoyu at gmail.com [mailto:syzhaoyu at gmail.com]

Let's say I have a polynomial:
          a+b+c
Is there any way I can force mathematica to produce the following result:
          a*(1+b/a+c/a)

I think such transformation of polynomials should be very common; however, I
have been trying all day and still can not get mathematica to do so
automatically.