Arranging disks (or any object for that matter) be arranged in a

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg130440] Arranging disks (or any object for that matter) be arranged in a
  • From: Clif McInnis <c_mcinnis at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 04:12:28 -0400 (EDT)

I am looking for a way that I might be able to make the disks (or any object for that matter) be arranged in a circular or pentagonal arrangement as opposed to rows. I tried looking at the "Sum of Empty Skies for a Set of Planets" to see how the "planets" were arranged, but I could not figure out how the code worked. I am thinking that there might be a function that I have not considered, and would appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction.

Manipulate[Pane[Row[Table[Graphics[{
      Darker[Green],
      Disk[{0, 0}, .5],
      Text[Style[numerals[[ r]], Orange, "Label", 24], {0, 0}]}], {r,
     1, n}]], {325, 300},
  BaseStyle -> {LinebreakAdjustments -> {1., 10, 0, 0, 10}}], {{n, 1,
   "Number \nof Disks"}, 1, 5, 1}, Initialization :> (
   numerals = {"1", "2", "3", "4", "5"};)]