Re: Selecting cells

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg130511] Re: Selecting cells
  • From: debguy <johnandsara2 at cox.net>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 02:32:01 -0400 (EDT)

This isn't a full answer.  But try this.  First re-select the group
with another Selection move.  Also, Print the selection at each step.
If you feel the selection is wrong post on mathgroup the exact
circumstances - something others can easily verify.  Here is an
excerpt from something i did once that uses All:

nb = SelectedNotebook[];
SelectionMove[nb, Previous, EvaluationCell, asf];
SelectionMove[nb, All, CellContents, asf];
SelectionMove[nb, All, Word, asf];
data = NotebookRead[nb];

When I worked with this I noticed one has to try a few things to
understand what SelectionMove is doing.