Re: Easy to get the audio out of sync with the graphics (Repost)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg130555] Re: Easy to get the audio out of sync with the graphics (Repost)
  • From: Clif McInnis <c_mcinnis at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 05:46:50 -0400 (EDT)

Debguy,
I have tried to work with pausing and the problem that I am encountering with pausing is that what ends up happening is the displaying of the disks is delayed and while the buttons are delayed they are not disabled, so it still allows that audio to become out of sync.

On Friday, April 19, 2013 12:15:00 AM UTC-5, djmpark wrote:
> Clif,
>

> I think your question is an important one for incorporating spoken phrases
>
> into a dynamic presentation. But I wouldn't go straight for a Manipulate
>
> statements but would prefer to do a simpler model.
>

> But first I have complaints about the Speak function. It seems very
>
> unreliable just with simple strings and one can waste a lot of time just to
>
> get something intelligible. How do these two commands work on your computer?
>

> Speak["two"]
> (* Sounds about right, almost said as if 'she' is asking a question*)

> Speak["You have chosen two as the number to be used."]
> (* "You have chosen (silence) as the number to be used"  I tried this several
times*)
Speak["You have chosen three as the number to be used."]
(* In addition my computer "speaks" this phrase well. I had noticed
in doing another project that it had a problem with saying "two" (but thought that it was just 'her') and had just switched to "to".*)