Re: Corrupted files

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg131486] Re: Corrupted files
  • From: Roland Franzius <roland.franzius at uos.de>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 06:50:14 -0400 (EDT)

Am 06.08.2013 05:07, schrieb raburtoj Aburto:
> I use a  HP Pavilion dv6 . Notebook PC, Windows 7 Home Premium.
> Processor: AMD Turion(tm) II P540 Dual Core Processor 240 GHz.
> Installed Memory RAM 4GB( 3.74 GB usable)
> System Type: 64 - bit operating system
>
> The files got corrupted when I pasted some Power point slides into my Mathematica 9.0 notebook.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.

Rename a copy of the file as .txt and Import[  ] the complete text into
a string variable as a single string.

Another method is to open the notebook with Windows Write or Notepad and
cut and paste the text or parts of it into a string variable in Mathematica.

Now you can use StringReplace and string patterns together with regular
  expressions in order to eliminate all output, the Boxes, the  ]},"
stuff and the actual representation data.

Or you extract the pure input text from the input Boxes using StringCases.

Finally, the output of the corrected String can changed to a Text or
Input cell, repaired by hand and saved or exported as .txt file, .m file
or as a separate notebook.

--

Roland Franzius