Re: Suggestions Bar Hanging

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg131532] Re: Suggestions Bar Hanging
  • From: Helen Read <readhpr at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 01:57:55 -0400 (EDT)

We did some further investigation and found the source of the problem.
There was a file in AppData\Roaming\Mathematica\Paclets\Configuration
that contained absolute path references to files in the profile of the
account that was used to create the Default user profile, which of
course is not accessible to regular users. Deleting the file with those
path references fixed the issue, without affecting any of the
preferences we set. John Fultz responded to me privately, and when I
told him of our new findings about the specific file that was causing
the issue with path references, he advised that we delete the entire
AppData\Roaming\Mathematica\Paclets directory from our Default profile
to avoid the potential for the same thing happening again in other
file(s). He said they should be able to fix this issue at Wolfram's end
in a future release, but in the meantime simply deleting that directory
from the Default user profile will work.

All is well.

Helen Read