MathSource Notebook Smith Normal Form Error - How to Correct?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg131555] MathSource Notebook Smith Normal Form Error - How to Correct?
  • From: amzoti <amzoti at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 02:59:45 -0400 (EDT)

Hi

I am trying to do Rational Canonical Forms for matrices and there are no built-in things for this and Smith Normal Forms.

I want to calculate the rational canonical matrix and the P such that A = PRP^(-1). This is a generalized variant of the Jordan Form (which I know how to do).

I found this notebook on Math Source from V6: http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/MathSource/7081/

It would be great if this package could show how the invariant canonical decomposition of [xI - A] was done (row and column operations).

When I download this and try using it, it does not work and I cannot figure out why.

Is there a way to correct this package so it works in Mathematica Version 9?

Did I miss some other command in Mathematica V9 that can do all of this stuff?

Thanks