Parameters for the Stereographic projection in GetProjectionData

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg132079] Parameters for the Stereographic projection in GetProjectionData
  • From: amannucci <Anthony.J.Mannucci at jpl.nasa.gov>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 01:57:02 -0500 (EST)

I am trying to produce a polar plot, essentially a view from space of the Earth's poles. I understand that Stereographic corrections can do this. I am trying to use the Stereographic projection in GeoProjectionData. It requires the following parameters:

{"Centering" -> {40, -100}, "CentralScaleFactor" -> 1,
 "GridOrigin" -> {0, 0}, "ReferenceModel" -> 1}

I cannot locate documentation on the meaning of these parameters. It appears that putting GridOrigin at the pole, e.g. {90.0, 0.0} works, but then it presents the entire world. I only want northern latitudes, e.g. from 90.0 to 60.0 latitude. Is there a setting to achieve this? Thanks in advance.

-Tony