Re: ScaledListPlot functionality

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg132130] Re: ScaledListPlot functionality
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 05:34:22 -0500 (EST)

On 12/17/13 at 4:42 AM, nigel.king at cambiumnetworks.com (Nigel King)
wrote:

>Dear Experts, In bygone years Mathematica had the functionality of
>ScaledListPlot and companion functions in Graphics`Graphics` This is
>long since obsolete. It appears that Wolfram think that they have
>replaced the functionality with ProbabiltyScalePlot and partners,
>but these do not quite do what I want. I imagine that
>ProbabiltyScalePlot is built upon some other internal functions that
>enable different scales to be used for the x and y axes.

>Please can somebody direct me towards these scaling functions.

It would help if you would provide an example of what you want
to achieve or at least describe it.

In essence, the bygone ScaledListPlot simply rescaled the data
to be plotted according to your function and adjusted the frame
or axis tick appropriately. You should be able to achieve the
same result by transforming your data with the appropriate
function and a custom Ticks function/list.

I or someone else here should be able to give you example code
once we better understand what you want to accomplish.