Re: Mathematica and Lisp

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg129658] Re: Mathematica and Lisp
  • From: Richard Fateman <fateman at cs.berkeley.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 02:46:43 -0500 (EST)

On 2/1/2013 10:15 PM, danl at wolfram.com wrote:
<snip>

> http://www.wolfram.com/legal/agreements/wolfram-mathematica.html
>
> I believe somewhere the documentation recommends against use for certain types of
 >life-safety applications involving real-time computation.
 >That's not the same thing as designing a bridge, or a jet plane,
 >or landing control software, or medical devices, or drugs, or...

Thanks for the pointer to the right page.  If you read it says,under
Limited Warranty and Disclaimer

"WRI does not recommend the use of the Product for applications in which
errors and/or omissions could threaten life, injury, or significant loss. "

My comment was, in any case, facetious.  Software vendors typically
make such disclaimers, though their legal relevance is perhaps
questionable if a dispute arises.  I am not a lawyer though.

RJF