Strange problems with 9.0

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg129764] Strange problems with 9.0
  • From: Mark Green <p0073857 at brookes.ac.uk>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 04:38:53 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

Can anyone help me with a few odd problems I've been having with 9.0?

1. In previous versions to create a new input cell on a SlideShow slide, I could just hit the down arrow until the horizontal cursor appeared indicating I was not in any slide, then type in input. To create a text cell I had to explicitly ask for it. In 9.0 it seems just typing now creates a text cell which cannot be evaluated and there seems to be nothing in Writing Assistant or anything else to create a regular input cell apart from cutting and pasting one from an empty non-slideshow document. Is there an easier way?

2. If I create, in a Math cell, two column vectors of subscripted numbers (x_1, y_1, z_1 etc), then want to create a subscripted value outside of the column vectors, as soon as I hit ctrl+underscore to do so the cell pops out of traditional view and the Subscript[] sources are visible. There seems to be no way to recover from this.