Re: Mathematica and Lisp

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg129901] Re: Mathematica and Lisp
  • From: Peter Klamser <klamser at googlemail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 23:33:00 -0500 (EST)

Hey, what a useless discussion for different items:

Mathematica is complex software which uses Lisp like language as a
base system. It is useless to open a Lisp interpreter and to try to
emulate Mathematica, because you need 10^10 lines of code to provide
Mathematica like results.

Nobody tries to write his own Lisp modules to generate a system, that
behaves like AutoCad (which uses AutoLisp...)...

So why is such a nonsense discussed here for some weeks askes

Peter